The notification for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is released on July 15. GATE, which is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India for admission to Post Graduate Programmes in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy at the National level. GATE is conducted through the constitution of eight zones.
The zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are:
Zone-1: Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
Zone-2: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Zone-3: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Zone-4: Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Zone-5: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Zone-6: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Zone-7: Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Zone-8: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
New in GATE 2014:
- Examinations for all the 21 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- GATE 2014 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon on alternate weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 1st February 2014 and 2nd March 2014. Examinations for some of the papers in GATE 2014 will be held in multiple sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy (Post-Diploma/Post-B.Sc/4 years after 10+2) and those who are in final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the final year of Four-Year Bachelor’s degree program in Science (B.S.) (Post- Diploma/4 Years after 10+2)
- Master’s Degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/ Computer Applications or Equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of Four year integrated Master’s Degree program (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five year integrated Master’s Degree program Dual degree program in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates in the final year of Five year integrated M.Sc. or Five year Integrated B.S-M.S. program.
How to Apply: To apply online follow the given link: http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate2014/?id=MTo5OENGWlM0STpjYjQ0M2I2MTZkMjc3Yzc2ZmRmNTI0ZDMyODkzYTNlMg
- GATE Online Application Processing System Opens From: 02/09/2013
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application Forms: 03/10/2013
- Last Date for Receipt of Printed Version of Online Applications at the Respective Zonal GATE Office: 10/10/2013
More details click here