Applications are invited for admissions into the PhD in Science, Engineering and Direct PhD in Engineering programmes, which equip students to undertake interdisciplinary research by providing a broad-based practical training in best in the class national laboratories of CSIR. The Programmes are structured around two initial years of coursework, including formal coursework in first two semesters; one Project Proposal & one Review Article in third semester; and CSIR-800 project in fourth semester; followed by three years of research (this can also run in parallel) at Academy of The Scientific and Innovative Research, New Delhi:
PhD in Science
Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/Medicine or B.S (of 4 year duration) or Master’s degree with a keen sense of scientific enquiry for pursuing advanced research in frontier areas of Biological, Chemical, Physical and Mathematical Sciences leading to a Ph.D degree. The candidate should be having a valid National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of various funding agencies, e.g. CSIR, UGC, DBT, DST etc.), INSPIRE or other equivalent fellowships.
PhD in Engineering
Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/ Pharmacy with a good academic record or with a Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or valid CSIR-SRF or equivalent fellowship or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record and having a valid GATE score having keen interest in research in various disciplines in Engineering.
Direct PhD in Engineering:
Candidates having following qualifications are eligible to apply
- B.E./B.Tech+GATE/NET (Engineering)
- B.E./B.Tech+2-year experience as PA/ CSIR-SRF/ Industrial Candidates
- B.E./B.Tech or M.Sc. + National level fellowship/ Ranked first in University Personnel from Industry for PhD. Candidates having Master’s degree in Science/Engineering with endorsement from a Industry for financial support during studies.
Candidates whose final results are awaited, but who are otherwise eligible as per the screening criteria, can also apply. If selected, they will be provisionally admitted to the programme. Their continuation in the programme will be subjected to securing required percentage/equivalent grade (depending on the cut -off marks for screening for the specific programme) and submission of marks-sheet of their final result by February 28, 2014.
- The candidates can exercise a maximum of three preferences for labs. Candidates will be screened based on their prefrences.
- However, it does not give any right to the candidate to determine their preference/ choice, as the selection is purely based on performance and/ or available vacancies.
- Please visit AcSIR website (http://acsir.res.in) for on-line application form submission and additional details.
- Short-listed candidates will be intimated electronically and they will be required to appear for interview for selection at the designated centres on the dates announced
- Details of interview centres will be posted on the AcSIR website (http://acsir.res.in) in due course.
- In addition to their academic performance and/or depending on the vacancies, final selection will be based on performance of the candidate in the aptitude test/ interview.
- Sponsored candidates shall contact the CSIR lab of interest and should receive a-priori approval from the lab for the position. Also, such candidates are advised to receive a commitment from a faculty of the concerned lab agreeing to act as a Guide/Advisor
- The Employing organization of such Sponsored Candidates will have to support the student during his/her tenure as a student at AcSIR and will have to provide a no objection certificate for such an enrolment.
Such candidates will have to remain a residential student for the first two semesters to complete the coursework.
Last date of Online Application Process: October 24, 2013
Screening of Applications October 25 to 30, 2013
Intimation to Shortlisted Candidates (Electronic) October 31, 2013
Aptitude Test/Interviews Nov 18 to Dec 13, 2013
Declaration of results (on web) December 18, 2013
Enrolment January 06 to 07, 2014
Commencement of Session January 10, 2014
For more details