University of Calcutta invites applications for the course of PhD Programme:
- Candidates (including those working in various projects under departmental faculties but yet to register for PhD) having degree in Bachelor of Technology (subject to provision of 4.4 of PhD regulation) or Engineering (any stream) or Master of Science (any stream without NET/ GATE/ M.Phil.)
- PhD eligibility test (PET) to be held on 26th September, Thursday, 2013 at 2 pm in the Department of Polymer Science and Technology, 92 A. P. C Road, Kolkata – 700009.Venue of the PET: 2nd year B. Tech class room of the department (in 2nd Floor of Applied Chemistry Building).
- The PET will be of 50 marks in Multiple Choice Question format of 1 hour duration.
- The name of the successful candidates will be displayed on 27/ 09/ 2013 at 15 noon on the notice board near the administrative office of the department in ground floor.
- Successful candidates will have to appear for an interview in the room of the Head of the Department at 12 noon on 30/ 09/ 2012.
- Candidates having degree in Master of Science with NET/ GATE/ M.Phil. or candidates having degree in Master of Engineering or Technology need not sit for PET and they may directly appear for the interview on 30/ 09/ 2013.
- Successful candidates (in PET and/ or interview) will be eligible to register for their PhD in the Department of Polymer Science and Technology.
How to apply:
- Filled up application form (form may be downloaded from the University webpage http://caluniv.ac.in/Phd_Dlit/application_frame.htm) along with Rupees 100/ paid through a challan (obtainable from sales counter of college street campus of the University) may be sent to the Head of the Department, Department of Polymer Science and Technology, UCSTA, University of Calcutta, 92, A. P. C Road, Kolkata- 700009 and it should reach the Department by 25/ 09/ 2013. No TA/ DA shall be paid to the candidates appearing at PET or interview. Research interest and area of works of individual faculties may be seen from departmental website (www.pstunical.org and www.caluniv.ac.in). The reservation of SC/ ST/ OBC etc. will be applicable as per University rules.
- Total number of seats: 15
Last date of submission of forms: September 25th 2013
Written test: Thursday, September 26th 2013 at 2pm
List of candidates to be called for the interview to be displayed on: September 27th 2013
Interview: Monday, September 30th 2013 at 12 noon in the room of the Head of the Department
Final list of selected candidates to be displayed on: September 30th 2013 at 3 p.m
For more details Click here