Applications are invited for admission into its Ph.D. (Full Time/Part Time/Off Campus) programme for July/Aug 2013 at National Institute of Technology Hamirpur:
The Ph.D. programmes shall be offered in the following departments:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Centre for Energy and Environment
- Centre for Material Science and Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Ph.D. in Engineering/Architecture (including centers)
- The candidates must have a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture in with 60% marks in case of Open/OBC candidates. Whereas in case of SC/ST candidates 55% marks in qualifying degree.
Ph.D. in Applied Sciences
- The candidates must have a Master’s degree in relevant science subject with 60% marks in case of Open/OBC candidates in qualifying degree. Whereas in case of SC/ST candidates 55% marks in qualifying degree.
Ph.D. in Humanities & Social Sciences
- The candidates must have a Master’s degree in appropriate discipline with 60% marks in case of Open/OBC candidates. Whereas in case of SC/ST candidates 55% marks in qualifying degree.
Selection Process: Shortlisted candidates will be called for written test and interview.
How to Apply:
- Application forms can be downloaded from the Institute website: http://www.nith.ac.in/
- Application forms along with application fees of Rs. 500/- drawn in favour of the Registrar, NIT Hamirpur (HP)-177 005, payable at State Bank of India, NIT Hamirpur (Branch Code No. 10367).
- Duly filled in application forms must reach in the office of Dean (Academic), National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (HP)-177 005 by 02/08/2013 up to 5.00 pm.
- Last Date for Submission of Application Forms: 02/08/2013
- Display List of Short Listed Candidates: 07/08/2013
- Written Test: 13/08/2013 at 09:00 am
- Interview and Presentation: 14/08/2013 at 09:00 am
- Last Date for Depositing the Fees and Registration: 19/08/2013
More details click here