- A candidate for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in a subject must hold a Master’s Degree in the subject concerned of this. University or an equivalent degree of another University recognized by this University Explanation – In exceptional cases, a candidate holding a Master’s Degree in an allied subject may also be considered for admission to PhD by the Departmental Research Committee.
- A candidate having at least 55% of marks at the Master’s degree level shall be eligible for admission to the PhD Programme. For SC/ST and Physically Challenged/Disabled candidates qualifying marks shall be 50% at Master’s degree level.
- In Faculty of Ayurveda, however, a candidate having MD (Ayurveda) degree in the subject concerned or equivalent degree of another University recognized by this University shall be eligible for admission to the PhD programme in Ayurveda.
How to Apply:
Click here for Registration http://luadmission.up.nic.in/phdlu/
Step2: Admission Fee Submission
Click here for Admission Fee Submission https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm
Step3: Form Submission
Click here for Form Submission http://luadmission.up.nic.in/phdlu/
Candidates have to complete all the three steps for their candidature to be considered for admission.
Admission Procedure: Ph.D. admission shall be conducted in two phases.
- The feasible vacant seats available for fresh Ph.D. admission in broad sub-disciplines of each department shall be advertised category wise by the Registrar, initially inviting application only from those candidates with CSIR/UGC JRF/INSPIRE fellowship valid till September 15 of that year and fulfilling the eligibility criteria prescribed in section 4.
- These feasible vacant seats in each department shall be first filled by eligible JRF/INSPIRE applicants without any entrance test.
- Where the number of JRF/INSPIRE applicants exceeds the number of feasible vacant seats, the seats shall be filled through a merit list resulting from an entrance test administered to these JRF applicants.
- After all the JRF applicants in each department have been considered, the remaining vacant seats shall be re-advertised category wise by the Registrar inviting applications from all candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria prescribed in section 4.
- For each department, a category wise list of eligible applicants shall be made available on the University website (www.lkouniv.ac.in). These applications shall be asked to appear for a Ph.D. Entrance Test on the date and place(s) fixed by the Admission Committee and notified by the University.
- Based on the marks obtained in this entrance test, separate category wise merit list shall be prepared and the remaining Ph.D. vacant seats shall be filled through these category wise merit lists.
Instructions for candidates after submission of Ph.D. Admission Application form
- Candidates whose name will appear in the provisional selected list would have to report in the concerned department of University of Lucknow along with their all original documents within four days of result declaration. If they fail to do so, their seats will be declared vacant in the next phase of Ph.D. admission procedure.
- If the number of J.R.F. applicants exceeds the number of vacant seats, an entrance test will be held. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their merit in the test. Dates of the entrance test will be declared after September 23, 2013.
Important Dates: Registration: September 19th 2013
Fee Submission: September 20th 2013 Full Form Submission: September 21th 2013
For more details Click here