- Only those candidates shall be considered for direct admission to the Ph.D. Programme who have (a) obtained M.Phil. degree of a recognized University/Research Institution with minimum Final Grade Point Average (FGPA) of 6.00 in 10 point scale/comparable standard where the grading is based on system other than 10 point scale.
- The candidates who have obtained M.Phil. degree from a University/Institution where dissertation is not graded or grading is not on 10-point scale, are required to forward a copy of their M.Phil. dissertation along with the Application Form for the purpose of assessment of their credentials; OR (b) at least 2 years research experience in reputed institutions with research publication(s) comparable to M.Phil. Standard In addition, they should have obtained Master’s Degree with FGPA of 6.00 in the 10 point scale/comparable standard or equivalent percentage.
- Pre-PhD/PhD programme Through Entrance Examination
- Eligibility for Physical Science: M.Sc. degree in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics, with at least 55% marks. Candidates having majored in Physics or Chemistry should have had Mathematics at least up to the B.Sc. level. Exceptions can be made in case of applicants with B.Tech. (Electronics/Electrical) degrees provided they successfully qualify the entrance examination.
- For Chemical Science: M.Sc. degree in Chemistry or Physics, with at least 55% marks. Candidates majoringin Chemistry should have specialization in Analytical/Organic/Inorganic/Physical Chemistry/Chemical Physics/Polymer Chemistry at the Master’s level.
- For Mathematical Sciences: M.Sc. degree in Mathematics, with at least 55% marks
How to apply:
- Candidates are requested to fill in separate Application Form for each discipline
- Duly Filled in application form can be submitted by registered post to section officer (Admission), Jawahar Lal Nehru University, New Delhi – 11006 along with the Demand Draft of Rs 420/- (Rs 310/- for SC/ST Candidates, and Rs 110/- For BPL category, and Rs 1450/- for Foreign national candidates)
- Candidates can also deposit the application form by hand in Room No. 28, Administrative Block of the University on before 14th October, 2013.
- The application form sent by private courier service or any other mode will not be considered.
- Admission through entrance examination is kept in abeyance for this year. Admissions however will be made under the category ‘NET qualified candidate
- Candidates are requested to fill in the Application Form in all respects. Duly filled in Application Forms can be submitted by Registered Post to Section Officer (Admissions), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi – 110067 or in person in Room No. 28, Administrative Block of the University on or before 14th October, 2013.
- Candidates are required to enclose Demand Draft drawn in favor of Jawaharlal Nehru University payable at New Delhi as per the following rates towards cost of application form and processing fees with the Application Form:
- For General and OBC Category: Rs.420/- (Rs.200/- for cost of application form + Rs. 220/- for processing fee)
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST and Physically Challenged (PH) Category: Rs.310/- (Rs.200/- for cost of application form + Rs. 110/- for processing fee)
- For candidates belonging to BPL Category: Rs.110/- for processing fee
- For Foreign National candidates: Rs.1450/- (Rs.200/- for cost of application form + Rs. 1250/- for processing fee)
Last date for submission of duly filled in Application Forms: For Winter Semester: 14th October, 2013
For more details Click here