Applications are invited for admissions into PhD programme of Academic year 2013-14 in the following streams at Christ University, Bangalore:
Management, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce, Computer Science, Computer Science and Engineering, Economics, Education, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, English, Information Technology, Law, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Media Studies, Philosophy, Physics, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology and Tourism.
- Post Graduate Degree (or equivalent) in Commerce or Management with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- M.Phil. Degree in Commerce with at least 50% in aggregate (Unless exempted under the Rules of the University)
**Associate Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India / Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India/ Institute of Company Secretaries of India
Rules for Exemption from M.Phil. for admission to PhD Programs. *
(As approved by the Academic Council in its meeting held on 25th May 2009/28th Sept.2011)
- Post Graduate Degree in the related field of Research with not less than 55% marks.
- The candidate must have completed and/or being involved as a Research Associate/ Fellow, in a major research project (sponsored by UGC or any other approved institution) of specified duration of not less than 2 years.
- The candidates who are doing such research project must have completed at least one year of such research.
- The research project done / being done must be in the faculty area of the PhD Course applied for. Approved Institution for the purpose may be any national or international organization engaged in the field of Research and having recognition as an approved body of research.
- **Candidates seeking admission to PhD in Commerce/Management based on membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India / Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India/ Institute of Company Secretaries of India must have not less than 5 years of post qualification professional / industry experience, as may be acceptable to the University, as equivalent to Research.
PhD Course Requirements:
Candidates provisionally admitted to PhD course on the basis of above said exemption, shall, as part of additional course work and for confirmation of the admission, pass a written examination on the following papers with not less than 55% marks in each paper.
Paper I – Advanced Research Methodology. For 50 Marks of 2 Hrs duration.
Paper II – Analytical paper on the Subject of Research. For 50 Marks of 2 Hrs duration.
The written examinations shall be held within 3 months of enrolment. The syllabus for the papers will be based on the Research Proposal as determined by the CUCR in consultation with the Dean of the subject faculty.
Application has to be made in the prescribed format with a separate letter seeking exemption from M.Phil qualification, duly supported by relevant documents relating to research experience.
Fee for Exemption:
In addition to the normal fee applicable to PhD course, the candidate shall be required to pay an exemption fee of Rs.5000/- for processing the application and for the conduct of the written examination.
For online Application: app.christuniversity.in/
- Announcement and issue of PhD Application Forms: August 20th 2013
- Last date for submission of application: October 26th 2013
- Last date of receiving filled in Application Form: October 30th 2013
- Written Test & Interview: November 9th 2013
- Announcement of Results: November 30th 2013
- Last date for the Payment Fees: December 14th 2013
- Inauguration of PhD Course 2013 (Signing of Documents and Interaction with the Guides): December 16th 2013
For More Details click here