Applications are invited through online from the eligible candidates, for the admission to the PhD and M. Sc. Engineering programmes (in various Disciplines) for the forth coming academic session of 2013-14 at University of Kerala Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala:
- Areas of Research: Aquatic Biology and fisheries, Arabic, Archaeology, Bio-chemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Commerce, Communication and Journalism, Computer Science, Demography, Economics, Education, Environmental Sciences, Futures Studies, Geology, German, Hindi, History, English, Management Studies, Islamic Studies, Law, Library and Information Science, Linguistics, Malayalam, Mathematics, Music, Optoelectronics, Philosophy, Physics, Politics, Psychology, Russian, Sanskrit, Sociology, Statistics, Tamil, Tourism, Zoology, Home Science (in Food and Nutrition, Family Resource Management, Extension, Education), Geography, Physical Education, Social Work, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Engineering: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture (inclusive of Town Planning)
- Medicine: Basic Medical Sciences(Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathology, Bio-chemistry, Microbiology), Medicine and Allied Specialties( Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Radiology, Public Health, Psychiatry and General Medicine), Surgery and Allied Specialties( Opthalmology, Orthopaedics and General aspects of Surgery), Nursing, Pharmaceuticals Sciences, Dentistry, Ayurveda, Homeopathy
- Candidates who have secured not less than 55 per cent marks at the Master’s Degree Examination are eligible to apply for the test.
- Bachelors’ degree holders in Engineering with not less than 55 per cent marks are eligible to apply for the test for securing eligibility for admission to M. Sc. (Engineering) by Research.
- Candidates belonging to scheduled castes and scheduled tribes who hold Master’s Degree in Science and Applied Science faculties with at least 45 per cent marks and Master’s Degree in other faculties with 40 per cent marks are eligible to apply for the test. Physically/Visually handicapped candidates are eligible for a relaxation of 5 per cent marks.
- Candidates who have appeared for Master’s Degree Examination and whose result is still awaited may also apply for the test. However, such candidates will be considered eligible for admission to research leading to PhD Degree provided they pass the Master’s Degree Examination with at least 55 per cent marks and have been declared qualified in the test.
- Candidates who have already qualified in the National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship or Lectureship of the UGC/CSIR or ICAR/GATE or ICMR JRF test or candidates who are selected for Fellowship by the Kerala State Counsel for Science, Technology & Environment or the State level eligibility test conducted by the Kerala Government or who hold M. Phil. Degree by research and thesis in addition to a Master’s Degree or its equivalent with not less than 55 per cent marks are exempted from eligibility test.
- Candidates with DBT-JRF and DST-INSPIRE fellowship ,are exempted from the PH.D Entrance Test and they are permitted to register for research leading to PhD Degree in Biotechnology.
- Candidates who have qualified (GPAT) are exempted from PhD Entrance test and are permitted to register for research leading to PhD Degree in Pharmacy.
- Scientists/ Ayurveda Doctors working in Pharmaceuticals/Hospitals/Research Centres owned by Government with 7 years experience and having 2 research papers published are exempted from the PhD Entrance Test.
- Scientists/Engineers working in approved Research Laboratories either owned or managed by the Central/State Government or an Autonomous research Institution of National Status with seven years experience in the Grade Scientist/Engineer, having two research papers published in the recognized research journals of the concerned subject approved by the Board of Studies concerned, are exempted from the PhD Eligibility Test.
- College-teachers who have seven or more years of teaching experience are also exempted from the Eligibility Test. Candidates with DM/ M.Ch Degree, are exempted from appearing for the test.
- Those who have qualified M. Phil in subjects other than the subjects in which he/she seeks registration for PhD would be required to qualify the Eligibility Test.
- Candidates Selected to the QIP (Quality – Improvement Programme) introduced by AICTE, for teachers of AICTE approved degree level Engineering Institutions are exempted from PhD Entrance test.
How to apply:
- Online registration can be done at the university website www.research.keralauniversity.ac.in.
- Candidates should apply online and download the application and send it along with the necessary documents and fees to the Registrar by 31st August 2013(5 pm). All relevant documents proving qualification and eligibility should be send along with the application duly signed and attested by a Gazetted Officer. Incomplete application will be summarily rejected.
Last date for submission of applications: 31st august 2013
More details Click Here