Applications are invited for the admission in Ph. D in various courses through Karnataka State Open University (KSOU).
- Candidates with Master’s Degree from Karnataka State Open University or any other University, with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/CAT-1 and Physically Challenged candidates) in aggregate or equivalent grade, can apply.
- The teachers employed in University / affiliated colleges before 31-03-1992 and are continuing in service on a regular basis shall be permitted if they have a minimum of 50% of marks at the Master’s Degree level.
- Selection of candidates for PhD programmes is based on Centralized Entrance Test, Interview and marks obtained in the Qualifying Examinations in the Ratio of 50:50 and overall minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/CAT-1) and as per Merit Cum Reservation Policy.
- Those Candidates who have qualified for the U.G.C/ CSIR (JRF) Examination / NET / SLET / GATE / Teacher Fellowship holder / M. Phil degree holder and candidates who are working under sponsored Major Research Projects are exempted from the Entrance Test. The selection of these candidates will be based on their performance in the interview and marks obtained in the Qualifying Examinations in the Ratio of 50:50.
How to Apply:
- The student Handbook and Prospectus can be obtained from IGNOU Regional Centers located in every state.
- The student Handbook and Prospectus can also be obtained from Registrar, Student Registration Division (SRD), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 in person on a payment of Rs 400 (Rupees Four Hundred only) in cash or Via post by sending an IPO/DD of Rs. 450 (Rupees Four Hundred and Fifty only) drawn in favour of IGNOU and payable at the city from where the prospectus is required. Please mention your name and address at the back of IPO/DD.
- An electronic version of prospectus can be downloaded from the website www.ignou.ac.in and submitted along with IPO.DD of Rs 400.
- Applications shall be accompanied by a D.D./Challan towards the prescribed fee. Duly filled in applications shall be submitted in two sets along with the required documents on or before 17th August 2013 to the Chairperson of the concerned P.G Department, K.S.O.U, Mukthagangothri, Mysore-06 without fine and with a penal fee of Rs. 1,000/- on or before 24th August 2013
Last date for submission of applications without late fee: August 17, 2013
Last date for submission of applications with late fee: August 24, 2013
More details click here