Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for admission into PG Degree Course in Public Health Entomology, affiliated to the Pondicherry University for the Academic Year 2013 – 2015 at Vector Control Research Centre, Puducherry:
Category I: Open Competition
- Candidates must have passed any one of the following examinations of any University accepted by the ACPU, Puducherry – B.Sc., in the discipline of Zoology / Botany / Life Sciences / Medical Laboratory Technology / Microbiology / Ecology / Environmental Science / Biochemistry, or B.V.Sc., or M.B.B.S., or B.E., / BTech., degree with Biotechnology as one of the subjects.
Category II: In-service (Self supporting / Sponsored)
A. Indian Nationals
- In-service candidates employed either in Government or Non-government agencies and sponsored by the employer must have passed the Degree examination in any of the disciplines indicated under Category I . The in-service candidates without sponsorship must send their applications with a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer.
B. Foreign Nationals
- The applicants under this category possessing qualification as mentioned under the Category I or the qualification for which Equivalent Certificate obtained from AIUs, New Delhi and Eligibility Certificate from Pondicherry University are eligible to apply.
- Candidates will be admitted only with valid student visa for the entire duration of the study.
- Selection of the candidates under Category I will be based on their performance in the common entrance test, Category II A: based on an oral interview and Category II B: based on a letter of recommendation/ reference from the Head of Department/Institution, last studied, if the candidate is a student or the Employer, if he/she is in service.
How to Apply:
- The envelope containing the application form should be superscribed as: “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO M.Sc., (PHE)” and sent by Registered / Speed Post to: The Director, Vector Control Research Centre, Medical Complex, Indira Nagar, Puducherry 605 006.
- Applications from Indian Nationals must be accompanied by (i) a DD of Rs.100/- (Rs.50/- in the case of SC/ST candidates) towards application fees drawn in favour of “The Director, Vector Control Research Centre”, payable at Puducherry, and (ii) a self addressed envelope stamped to the value of Rs. 25/-. Foreign nationals can pay the application fee at the time of their admission.
Last Date for Submission of Application Forms: 14/06/2013
More details click here