Applications are invited for the PhD / MS (By Research) Programmes at Centre for Research, Anna University, Chennai, for the January 2014 session.
The subjects offered include degrees in Engineering and Technology, Science and Humanities, Management Sciences and Architecture and Planning.
- Master’s Degree of Anna University or any other qualification recognized as equivalent there to in the fields of study notified from time to time by this University. Specific educational qualifications are given in Clause 2.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology of the University or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in the fields of study with a minimum of 15 years of R & D Experience in National Research Laboratories / Public sector undertakings and with minimum of three publications in referred impact factor journals or two approved international patents in the last five years.
- A minimum of 55% marks or CGPA of 5.5 on a 10 point scale in the qualifying examination (50% marks or CGPA of 5.0 on a 10 point scale for SC/ST candidates).
- The Clause 1.3 does not apply, if the qualifying degree is M.S (By Research) of this University or recognized as equivalent.
How to apply:
- Applications are to be made though university’s online portal http://cfr.annauniv.edu/jan14/index.php.
- Duly filled-in application shall accompany with registration fee of Rs.800/- for General Category and Rs.400/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST/SCA candidates in the form of a DD (demand draft) obtained from any Nationalized Bank drawn in favour of ” The Director (Research), Anna University ” payable at Chennai, drawn on or after 05.08.2013. Mention your ‘name’,’mobile number’,’reference id’ on the back side of Demand Draft.
- Duly attested photocopies of certificates for proof of qualification (Xth std or equivalent, HSC or equivalence UG/PG mark sheets & Degree certificates), Community certificate and Service certificate (if any).
- Note: Full-time SC/ST candidates should produce original community certificate at the time of admission for claiming Tution fee exemption.
- Consent from a recognized supervisor from a recognized department of this University is mandatory to consider the application for admission to Ph.D. / M.S. programmes.
- Completed application form in all respect and data sheet with all enclosures securely stitched to it shall be sent to The Director, Centre for Research, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025 so as to reach on or before 30.08.2013 at 05.30 p.m. A demand draft drawn in favour of THE DIRECTOR (RESEARCH), ANNA UNIVERSITY, Chennai-25 payable at Chennai for Rs.800/- (Rupees Eight Hundred only) for general category or for Rs.400/- (Rupees Four Hundred only) for SC/ST Candidates shall be enclosed along with the completed application.
- Applications received after the due date or without the prescribed demand draft and other documents or incompletely filled-in application will be summarily rejected.
- The following categories of candidates are eligible to apply under part-time programme: Full-time teachers of University Departments/University Colleges of Engineering, Govt/Govt. Aided/Self financing Engineering Colleges/Architecture Schools within Tamil Nadu.
Date of Closure Online Application: 30-August-2013 (Friday) @ 5.30pm
Date of receipt of Application form with enclosures at office of Centre for Research: 30-August-2013 (Friday) @ 5.30pm
More details Click Here