Applications are invited for their research programme with four ICSSR and one EA Fellowships, in Social Sciences (Economics / Sociology / History / Political Science / Anthropology).
- Postgraduation with, at least, 55% marks in (Economics, Sociology, History, Political Science, and Anthropology). Inter-disciplinary proposals are also welcome.
- Age: The upper age limit for a doctoral fellow is below 35 years as on September 1, 2013 (relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST). For teachers and professional staff of research institute holding regular posts, the upper age limit would be 45 years.
- Candidate should have cleared National Eligibility Test (NET) or obtained M. Phil. or have published two research articles in reputed journals in social sciences (please attach reprints).
- Scholars are eligible to register only after a six-month Pre-PhD Foundation Course. In case of the non-clearance of Foundation Course/non-registration, his/her fellowship may be discontinued.
- The employed applicants have to take consent from their employer at the time of submitting their application form for the award of the fellowship.
- Only those employed candidates, who are the employed in an organization, which follows the UGC or Central/State Government norms, would be eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Candidates who got JRF from UGC can also apply. They have to apply for fellowship directly to UGC to get the fellowship through MIDS.
- Reservation as per the norms of UGC.
How to apply:
- Application forms can be downloaded from the institute’s websitewww.mids.ac.in/phd2013.htm.
- The completed applications along with the research proposal (not exceeding 1000 words) may be sent to The Director Madras Institute of Development Studies 79, Second Main Road, Gandhi Nagar, Adyar, Chennai – 600 020
Last date for the receipt of completed applications: 4th September 2013
More details Click Here