IMU CET 2013
The Indian Maritime University (IMU) was established through an Act of Parliament on 14th November, 2008 as a Central University. IMU, a pioneer institution, encompasses seven well known legacy maritime institutions pan India, namely, National Maritime Academy Chennai, T S Chanakya Mumbai, Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research Mumbai, Marine Engineering Research Institute Mumbai, Marine Engineering Research Institute Kolkata, Indian Institute of Port Management Kolkata and National Ship Design and Research Centre Visakhapatnam.
1. Admission is done through a Common Entrance Test (CET). The CET will be as below:
* For all UG Programmes viz., DNS, B Sc, B Tech categorized under a single CET
* Separate CET s for MBA, LLM and M Tech
Important Dates :
Last Date for Submission of Application Forms : May 10th, 2013
• Date of CET (Pan India) : June 1st, 2013
• GD / PI at Chennai / Vizag : June 21st and 22nd, 2013
* CET Syllabus for UG Programmes will be Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, General Knowledge and Aptitude at Plus 2 level .
Date of Birth :
For General (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) category; candidates whose date of birth fall on or after October 01, 1988; and for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes(ST), and those with Physical Disability/Differently Abled (PD/DA) date of birth to fall on or after October 01, 1982. Those born earlier are not eligible to appear for CET 2013.
The Application fee is Rs 1000/- for all Candidates and Rs 700/- for SC/ST Candidates. After filling in, the Application print to be taken and hard copy with necessary enclosures to be forwarded to Admission Cell, Indian Maritime University, East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai – 600 119 on or before 10.05.2013.
Candidates can download their hall ticket from the IMU Website after 15 days from the date of application submission deadline
Contact Address :
Indian maritime University,
East Coast Road, Uthandi,
Chennai- 600 119.
Ph No: (044) 2453 0343/345,
Fax: (044) 2453 0342